LDS Blogfest :)

Hey guys,
Right up front I'm gonna tell you all this is a post about religion and I am going to be very open with my beliefs.  If this makes you uncomfortable please skip this post and come back another day :) 
I LOVE my church.  It hasn't always been like that.  I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  My church is more than a place I go to on Sunday's, it is a lifestyle.  To many this lifestyle seems hard, unnecessary, or even stupid.  There were times in my life that I may have agreed with those people.
I've been a member of my Church all of my life.  I have gone to the LDS Church almost every Sunday.  My parents went there, so I did too.  There were commandments that we were supposed to follow.  When I was young I followed these because they were rules in our home.  When I entered my teen years, I sometimes followed them and then sometimes I didn't.  I tried to push my beliefs away, to pretend that I didn't believe the foolish things that my parents did.
When I was 19 went through a really hard break up and I felt all alone.  I dealt with it on my own for as long as I could.  Probably for at least a year.  Then I just couldn't do it any longer.  I felt so lonesome.  I turned to my God, my Heavenly Father and prayed like I never had before.  I prayed for help.  It was almost as if a map was drawn out right in front of me.  He told me where to go, how to cope.  I started to go to Church for me.  I started to listen to my lessons in order to learn.  I started to pray sincerely, like there was someone there on the other end waiting for me to check in.  It was then that the "hard" rules no longer seemed difficult.  It was then that I was truly converted to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Now there is nothing that can shake me from those beliefs.  I know that God lives and that Jesus is the Christ.  I am more sure of this than my fingers I see typing right before my eyes.  I know that prayer is real and that God listens, he just wants us to reach out to him.  I know that my family is forever as long as I live worthily of this blessing.  I know that God loves us.

We have a wonderful conference for our Church members and those who want to learn about what our Church believes every six months.  If that is something that is interesting to you click here.

If you would like to read more about writer's who believe in these same things visit these blogs :)
Amanda Sowards Angie Lofthouse Ben Spendlove Britanny Larsen Cami Checketts Charity Bradford Danyelle Ferguson Giselle Abreu Julie Coulter Bellon Kasey Tross Kayeleen Hamblin Kelly Bryson Krista Van Dolzer Laura Johnston Melanie Standord Rachelle Christensen Rebecca Belliston Sierra Gardner Stephanie Worlton

Happy Writing :)