Neglect

I'm so sorry for the lack of posts!  First of all the less I post, the more I write :)  Also I've been studying other blogs in the "industry" to figure out how to write about more interesting topics.  I read an interesting blog where an author talked about the shift in literature.  It used to be that books, for the most part, were about beautiful words coming together to create a wonderful story with lots of dialogue and background.  Now, thanks to the give it to me attitude we have, books need to have more action especially in the first scene of a book.  I ask you, do you think that the books of yore no longer have a market??  Do we have enough of those types of books when we read the greats?  And now we will live on instant gratification in every portion of our lives??  Just some things I've been thinking about :)