A little ashamed to admit this

Okay guys confession time.  I love to read.  That's not the confession.  Let me preface this by saying when I read I get really caught up in the book.  I read the twilight series, not one book the series, in a week.  When I was little I would have friends over, play with them for an hour, get bored, then leave them with my mom while I went to my room to read a book (sorry to all of my playmates). 
Anyway you can guess these kinds of reading habits don't make for the most attentive wife or mother.  Now here it comes...I haven't read a novel in a year (or so).  How awful is that??  I am trying to make a living as a writer and I'm not reading.  So this means I haven't read the hunger games.  Before I get mocked and laughed at, I justified not reading recently by saying that I read enough in the first 28 years of my life to last me the rest of my life.  (And I did continue to read the Bible and other non-fiction, it doesn't seem to have the same effect as fiction). 
But now I realize I can't continue on like this.  I need to read again.  My writing is suffering from it.  At the same time I need to control my reading habits. 
(Raising my right hand) I swear to take care of my family, still clean my home, and live life like a normal person no matter how wonderful, intriguing, amazing, scary, crazy a book gets.
Wow that feels good...

Happy Writing :)