Changing my life with a few emails...

Guys, my heart is pumping like a thousand beats a minute as a I write this. Okay that's a slight exaggeration but you get my drift.
So today I wrote the scariest and most life altering emails, not because the recipients are horrible people. Quite the opposite actually. The recipients are kind, genuine, hard working, and incredible literary agents. And I just wrote them all to tell them thank you for wanting to look at my manuscript but I am withdrawing it from consideration. Why? you may ask.
I am publishing the Skinniness is Next to Goddessness books myself! Oh gosh I never thought I'd say that. Self-publishing or Indie publishing to me, always seemed like a cop out. If you can't get an agent or a publishing house to look at you, that's when indie pub became an option, right? So wrong! I've researched and read and then researched again and this guys is the only path for me to take.
Indie publishing means lots of hard work and that every decision about my book sits solely on my shoulders. That kind of thrills me, no more than kind of, I'm just about jumping out of my seat! I love the idea of having all the control (read past blogs to see what a control freak I am) and I love that all the final decisions will be up to me. On editing, formatting, cover design, the direction of my series, when I release, etc. Speaking of release dates, those will be so much sooner than if I waited for a publishing house. I have my first date in mind already but since my ms just got to it's editor, I'll wait until I have it back until I announce that.
But guys, my book, my baby will be for sale very soon, well soon in terms of publishing. I'll tell you why it won't be like tomorrow when I announce the release date.
Now this is not to say that traditional publishing is evil or I hate it. I don't, not by a long shot. I might even use it for a different book if that feels the right direction for that ms but as for the Skinniness is Next to Goddessness books, this is it!
I know the road ahead is paved with difficult decisions, lots of work writing, promoting, and marketing but I am ready to work. I have no idea what this road will bring. But I've come to the realization that no one decision will break my career. This is the right move for me, today, and come tomorrow I will make the right move for me that day. Thanks to anyone reading this for the love and support you've shown me. You all are the best!
Oh gosh, I'm gonna do this!!

Until next time,
Julia :)