Gosh I can't believe it's been so long since my last post! Sorry about it...
I guess the main reason I haven't posted is because I've been caught up in the most time consuming portion of this publishing game, waiting.
I've had rejections roll and requests trickle in (don't I wish it were the other way around ;) but I honestly wouldn't change this process. A rejection no longer stings (yay for thick skin!) but then on the other side of it a request isn't as exciting. There is still a magic to the process but I've gotta say learning more about it isn't quite like seeing the great and powerful Oz for what he is...but kinda. There's a lot of amazing parts of this whole world but with the amazing comes crap. Like everything else in life. Finding a career is like finding a spouse, what kind of crap can you deal with? When you can answer that question you know what you should do (and who you should marry ;)
All in all what I've learned is I love my book. I'm willing to fight for it and I feel passionate about it. It's taken so much work to get here and I know there is so much more ahead so bring it on!
I still dream of the day that I see my words in print and my name on the front of my cover but I'm not naïve enough to believe that the road to that end is paved with marshmallows and swirly, gooey chocolate (great now I need a smore).